Top of this document
Go directly to navigation
Go directly to page content
The CCAA portal is the virtual service desk of the Creative Cities Amsterdam Area (CCAA) programme office. The portal bundles information and news on all the different disciplines in the creative industry, seven cities in the Northern Netherlands referred to as Noordvleugel (Amsterdam, Utrecht, Almere, Haarlem, Zaanstad, Amersfoort and Hilversum) and offers information on enterprise, including financing, legal affairs, (inter)national events, coaching and counselling.
The CCAA portal
- is a knowledge base of information on the creative industry in the Noordvleugel in a single location;
- is an entrepreneurial route map for creative enterprises;
- provides an ideal online meeting place for creative workers;
- offers a range of angles of approach: news / activities, web directory / search engine, service desk / service provision, shop window / promotion and networking.
How can you become a member?
You can register for free and create a public profile. You can update your profile at any time (or remove it). You can set up a profile for yourself and your company or organisation. By registering on the CCAA portal, you will become visible as a creative entrepreneur on the portal.
Would you like to learn more? Please consult the online manual.
How does the site work?
The CMS, the technology that drives the site, makes information accessible by structuring it, storing it, indexing it and then matching searches based on shared search parameters (using keywords that are added by the user). All users can participate in the ordering, selection and creation of the sites content. By doing so, the system creates a community around the portal of which the user becomes an integral component.
The portal is compiled by an independent editorial staff that is strengthened by the cooperation of the CCAA partners.
The portal offers a host of information that is generated by a wide range of external organisations. All participating organisations are exclusively responsible and liable for their own information.
In other words, the portal also provides users access to Internet sites and / or information sources that are set up and maintained by other organisations. Those organisations are exclusively responsible and liable for the applicable websites and information sources.
The portal will grow over the months ahead as more information, interactivity and functionality become available (including a Finance Desk and an Accommodation Search Engine).
Creative Industry Index
The CCAA portal will also offer the user access to other communities in the creative sector. Mediamatic is currently collaborating with six partners to develop Open Creative Industry (Open CI). Open CI is an open Internet standard designed to enable data exchange between websites.
Open CI Search, the first component of the new system, was recently launched. Unlike Google, which indexes the entire Internet, Open CI Search only indexes certain websites, namely those in the creative sector. The search engine only searches publicly accessible pages. Open CI Search is an extra service offered to visitors to the CCAA portal. Visitors can search the CCAA portal or the creative communities in the Open CI. In this way, the CCAA portal will grow into the index par excellence for the creative industry in the Noordvleugel.
To run a search with Open CI, simply go to Openci.ccaa.nl or use the search box at the top of the website by clicking on openci search.
CCAA is currently developing an international variation of the existing portal. The international version will make it possible for creative entrepreneurs to promote themselves and their work abroad and will also serve to make foreign creative companies aware of the Noordvleugel as a potential business location for their companies.
News / activities
- Bundled information and activities.
Web Directory / search engine
- The portal is a type of ‘Automobile Association’ that serves as a directory or route map for the creative industry.
- CCAA wishes to help the entrepreneur find his or her way around in the creative industry and set up this portal to help the entrepreneur in his entrepreneurial activities.
Service Desk /service provision
CCAA serves a Service Desk function for the creative entrepreneur and has developed the following services to be able to do so:
- Agenda: Notifications of events, networking cocktails, workshops and meetings both locally and abroad;
- CCAA CCAA Newsletter;
- Network Directory: Use the directory to find industry or network organisations in your own professional discipline. It also offers a host of useful practical tips. Also check the Agenda for networking meetings.
- Training Directory: Use the directory to find training courses for entrepreneurs, training courses in the field of entrepreneurial practice, such as administration, management, patents and taxes;
- Business Plan Assistance: A Step Plan that can help the entrepreneur to write a business plan.
- An Insurance Checklist with tips on insurance.
CCAA is currently developing the following services:
- Financing Desk: A search engine for financing opportunities for creatives – where to look for capital investment, subsidies and funds.
- Accommodation Search Engine: A search engine that enables directed searches for accommodation for creatives, such as: studios, studio buildings, (home) workspaces, exhibition spaces, practice areas, halls and small properties.
- Coaching Programme: Coaches advise entrepreneurs and start-ups on how to start up their own businesses after graduation. The Coach will provide help with the compilation of a business plan, with marketing, financing and finding the right people.
- Chat Friday: A digital consultation platform in which the creative entrepreneur can consult experts. You can ask the experts question in the field of Intellectual Property Rights, taxes, marketing, etc.
Shop window / Promotion
The portal enables the creative to present a profile of and to promote the creative and his business.
The portal is a social network.